AnsweredAssumed Answered

Disable Crossfire in Windows but enable per game

Question asked by caspadan on Jan 8, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 8, 2016 by kingfish

I recently got a Sapphire R9 280x Vapor-x to crossfire with my Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950.  OK, it seems to work - on some games it seems to be more of an issue though.  But I can just disable crossfire for those games.

Anyways, I would like to disable crossfire by default since it seems that in my browser the screen flashes black every now and then, and when streaming videos I often get a green flash.

So I disabled crossfire and chose an AMD crossfire mode in Radeon Settings (Crimson Edition 15.12) for Black Ops 3.  Now, BO3 should detect a multi-gpu environment and disable filmic antialiasing methods, but it doesn't - not in any of the profiles.  Then only when I enable crossfire "globally" and launch the game does it actually detect and disable the problematic (for multi-gpu, ie) antialiasing methods.  So this tells me that I cannot disable crossfire globally and have it activate on game launch.  So I must either endure the black and green flashes or manually switch crossfire on and off?

Outcomes