AnsweredAssumed Answered

strange issue with blurry text and low quality graphics/images with Win 10

Question asked by kevin2104 on Jan 8, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 8, 2016 by kingfish

I just bought a XFX R9 380. Installation went great and everything was working like it should be. I immediately got a notification about the Virtual Super Resolution option, so I turned it on to try it. The screen flashed, and now the display doesn't look right anymore. Turning Virtual Super Resolution off again doesn't change it back to the way it used to be either. I don't know if it shows in the attached image, but notice how the start menu is pixelated, and the text, photos, and icons are all really low quality.

What is strange to me is if I watch a video or play a game, everything looks great like it's supposed to. But the rest of windows, web browsers, images etc all look like this.

I recently was using a new Nvidia card and the exact same thing happened: everything was great at first until I changed some option in the Nvidia control panel, then this same thing happened with the graphics. Changing everything back to default settings wouldn't fix it.

I uninstalled the graphics driver and all AMD software, reinstalled everything again and this problem is still here.

Right now I have a LG TV (LG 42LH50) connected through HDMI. I tried connecting an old monitor I have, and everything looks normal on that. But when I hook the tv back up it still doesn't look right. I have it set at the correct 1920x1080 resolution in Windows settings menu.

I've tried everything I can think of, but I'm not sure what else to do now.

Attachments

Outcomes