AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can't detect device, can't do anything - HD 7850

Question asked by maikky on Jan 7, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 11, 2016 by amdmatt

So to preface I made a new computer, installed windows 10 64bit ect ect - CPU: i7 -5820k x99

Fast forward, first off I only have Microsoft Basic Display Adepter .

So I try to install the drivers for the 7850 using catalyst or crimson (both BSOD half way through installing the video drivers) BSOD Message : Thread Stuck in Device Driver

So I look up online and try another method, I boot into safe mode and use Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall and scan, I do it a few times and about 1 in 5 times did it register my HD 7800 driver in device manger, so it's all fine and dandy I reboot it's going smooth for about an hour then it starts to black screen, audio repeats and I'm forced to shut down, no big deal I think maybe I should try re-installing it again like I did in safe mode .

Flash forward to now, I'm stuck using the basic display driver from MS, I've tried multiple times the same method with DDU of uninstalling all graphic drivers and reinstalling 7800 drivers have not shown up in display drivers at all BUT they have shown up as "Unknown Device" and when I click on the property it says my platform doesn't support it .
What the heck is going .

Outcomes