2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2016 1:22 PM by vladimir

Is there somebody work in AMD support?

vladimir

What we tried:

1. Report in Media SDK forum. No one respond there. Ok, guys suggested to submit report with AMD report form - www.amd.com/report or report in this forum.

2. Report here. No one respond.

3. Report with AMD report form. Got automatic reply that report submitted and that's it. No report id, no one tried to contact back to ask some more details or say that AMD aware already, etc.

4. Add comments in MS that some DirectX API doesn't work and hope that AMD drivers will not pass WHQL.

However, we have many other AMD issues. We have:

a) Critical issues that we report first. That will affect a lot of users.

b) Some special cases. For example, we see DXVA2 crashes in amd driver.

Since there absolutely zero response on critical issues we doubt it makes sense to report all other issues. Because when we report, first thing you will ask is to update mediasdk, install latest drivers, etc. I don't do this myself and I assign this to testers. Finally they able to reproduce problem again and report back to me to report here. At that time you have already new driver or new sdk and we need to start test again. Or we find another way to report and also start test again.

In compare with NVidia support, we getting very fast responses from NVidia and all issues solved. Intel support is also good.

This is very logical that even if AMD graphics cards cheaper or have more advantages, people choose NVidia still. Because if you have NVidia graphics card - everything will work as expected. I think AMD can change this if just start to communicate with developers more actively.

Can you please provide me some contact information how I can report all issues that we have more effectively?

• Re: Is there somebody work in AMD support?
          waltc

First, I would advise you to state who "we" is.  Your post doesn't offer a clue.  It also offers a few broad generalities and no specifics.  No one can answer you unless you do a much better job outlining your concerns, whatever they are.  If you sent this to nVidia, they would not be able to answer you, either, because they would not know how...;)

Also, when you send in a trouble report that is strictly one-way communication--you will receive no communication from AMD.  Try again, here, while stating exactly who you are and what your concerns are, specifically, and someone may be able to help you--it depends on how specific & informative you can be.

• Re: Is there somebody work in AMD support?
              vladimir

> First, I would advise you to state who "we" is.

Ok, I understood. If we see some bug and report it, then it will help a lot to solve that bug if we also state who "we" is. As developer, I can say that this is not funny. If I get crash dump from support or test team (and some info they collected regarding that issue), I will investigate it and fix bug. Or request more info if I need. This is logical, if they know what else I will need, this means they also experienced developers and can solve bugs themselves. What sense in my work then? And if I know who reported me that bug, this don't help me at all.

> It also offers a few broad generalities and no specifics.

Yes. Because we tried several ways to communicate and no result. This is general request to understand how to report bugs properly and effective, without some specific bug. Please read my post carefully.

> If you sent this to nVidia, they would not be able to answer you, either, because they would not know how

This is not correct. That post was written because we can not communicate AMD either way. We have no troubles like that with nVidia or Intel and there absolutely no need to write posts like that. For example, we find some bug recently and they published already new drivers and ask us to test.

> Also, when you send in a trouble report that is strictly one-way communication--you will receive no communication from AMD.

This is answer for my question! You just wrote that AMD have no support for AMD hardware and software.

> Try again, here, while stating exactly who you are and what your concerns are, specifically, and someone may be able to help you--it depends on how specific & informative you can be.

Sorry, I spend my time on this communication and my time cost some money (for company if I do this during working hours, or for me and my family if I do this after working hours like now) and AMD waste my time for nothing. I can not spend all my time to try, and try, and try again. I don't have supernatural abilities to read minds of AMD developers and understand what else they need and how I can be more "specific & informative". I'm not involved in graphics card production and drivers development to know all details about effective bug reporting. So if developers need some more info - they MUST be able to request this from reporter. In my opinion, this is big AMD mistake that AMD have only one-way communication. This means only one thing - AMD not interested in their hardware support, so this also means - not interested to sell good product to users.

FYI. Critical issues:

https://community.amd.com/message/2696832

There you can see settings and even screen recording that shows how abnormal encoder works. This is logical, if we have mistake in settings we need two-way communication to get recommended settings. But there only one-way communication with AMD.

https://community.amd.com/thread/194332

https://community.amd.com/message/1288804

Since April 2013. Our software doesn't work on dGPU until Win10.

And some more posts.