4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2016 2:43 AM by g424

Crossfire dual HD5870M not working in windows10 64bit

g424

After formatting my laptop ClevoX8100 (intel i7840QM - Chipset Intel DMI HostBridge rev.11 - PM55 SouthBridge - 6Gb Ram -  two Radeon hd5870m video card connected with crossfire cable from manufacturer) and install Win10 64bit (from win7 64bit), the bios recognize the correct two video card but when I try to install Crimson software (or catalyst or old software in compatible mode) the install manager select AMD FirePro Control Center, but I don't have a FirePro. Naturally it's impossible to find any mde to enabling Crossfire mode, and in SketchUp drawing app when I try to modify Style and Colors a blue screen appears and report a video driver crash. Windows device manager can only activate the master video card, the other remainsin the devices list with the Yellow conflict icon. Thank you for any welcoming help.

• Re: Crossfire dual HD5870M not working in windows10 64bit
          kingfish

Are you using these correct drivers?

AMD Radeon™ HD 6000M and HD 5000M Series

How to install graphics drivers

1. Using steps 1-5 , manually select your graphics drivers HERE and download/save to your desktop. Do not use automatic find and install.

2. Remove old drivers using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel****

FOR COMPUTERS WITH INTEL PROCESSORS***

Select AMD Catalyst Install manager and EXPRESS uninstall all AMD software including the install manager. Reboot. Install the new driver suite. Reboot.

FOR COMPUTERS WITH AMD PROCESSORS***

Select AMD Catalyst Install manager and selectively uninstall the graphics drivers and CCC only. Reboot. Install the new driver suite. Reboot.

Note: Disable all anti-virus/ anti-malware/ anti-anything while performing the installation. Very important.

Please note that if you choose "Express Install" the new drivers, it will automatically install the 'Gaming Evolved' (raptr) app in addition to the drivers. If you do not wish to have raptr on your computer, choose 'Custom' install the new drivers and uncheck the box next to 'Gaming Evolved'.

This is a proven installation method that will work 99% of the time for everybody. However, there is the 1% who will need to use the 'Clean' install method. Use this if you run into issues.

g424

I've just tried another times without antivirus and firewall running in background. Removed any drivers (video in vga mode) reboot, disable antivirus and firewall and reinstall crimson 15.12, install manager want install FirePro control center and (I mean) the correct drivers (radeon HD5870 series). FirePro control center can't let me enable crossfire with the second card (the same radeon HD5870). SketchUp frequently crashes for video driver crashing. Thank you for your answers

kingfish

Make sure you are using the drivers I posted above.

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

g424

Yes, I've tried the clean install procedure:

- uninstalled from control panel;

- rebooted in safe mode and cleaned with DDU Uninstall;

- rebooted and disabled antivirus and firewall, and installed crimson software (Radeon-Crimson-15.12-NI-EG-64Bit-With-DOTNet45-Win10-Win8.1-Win7).

AMD's install manager select generic HD5800 series driver for the two card,, HDMI driver audio (optional), AMD FirePro settings (why?), Gaming envoled app(optional) and other.

Only one of the two video card can run, the other remains in confict (code 12) in device manager list of control panel. None Crossfire option is present in the video card setting software. Frequently crash of the video driver in simple operations in SketchUp software ( make component, style setting ).

I've just retried the procedure and installed the old video drivers from laptop manufacturer (Clevo) in compatible mode: Crossfire still no working, but now driver seems not crashes.

Thanks for your helps.