7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2016 1:30 AM by madmungo

AMD Fury X Screen flickering

tracyfox

Hello. I just want to write here to find out if i should RMA my card i just received, or wait for better drivers.

So im a lucky owner of an Asus Fury X. I love the design and the noise level compared to my older card, The R9 295x2. The problem now is i am running into issues. I never had problems with my older card but now, I see some screen flickering and sometimes blackscreens. I manage to fix this issue by using the "Clockblocker", but the problem seems to appear in 1 game only, and thats CS:GO. Now the 1 millon dollar question: Should i RMA my card? Or should i just take it as a driver fault and wait for it to be fixed?

My Setup:
      I5 6600k
      Fury X
      Fractal design newton 1000w
      Evo 850 500gb.
      BenQ XL2730Z.

• Re: AMD Fury X Screen flickering
          kingfish

I can't offer any suggestions, but I will say there are numerous posts here about issues with that particular game...with various graphics cards. I would wait for a fix either from the game or AMD...especially since everything works fine in other games.

tracyfox

Oh yea I forgot. I already changed DP cable 3 times.

maximiza

with me it was caused by too high voltage or having format optimization on. 

tracyfox

And where do you find this format optimization?

maximiza

In crimson global settings or in just game profile

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 9:27 AM, tracyfox<amd-external@jiveon.com> wrote:  

|

Community 

AMD Fury X Screen flickering

in AMD Radeon Graphics Technologies 

And where do you find this format optimization?

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community

SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:

- Go to the message on Community (you’ll need to log in).

- Click on either the Helpful Answer button or the Correct Answer button.

- Pat yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.

This email was sent by Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

madmungo

I Just upgraded to a Fury X and LG Ultra Wide monitor. I am on windows 10 single card/monitor using the latest drivers and am getting the corrupt screen in 2D mode only.

I have tried disabling ULPS, and setting higher 2D memory clocks with no change in behavior. I am using the DP output as it is the only one that supports

my monitors screen res of 2560x1080, have tried 4 cables and still get corruption when using them.

Every time it happens all I have to do is turn the monitor off then back on and it is fixed for a random duration but it is getting annoying fast.

So seeing as I ONLY have ONE monitor connected via Display Port and am getting this screen tearing it looks like it is either a driver issue or something to do with the

graphics cards Display Port implementation.