1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 6, 2016 5:16 AM by amdmatt

CPU spike + lower FPS

lepicrobot

I am using an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T with 64-bit and I was using it while Windows 10 came out. It had crashed my computer multiple times after 3 months later due to a problem. It was was running on windows 7 before, and so I reinstalled it, but the problem still consisted. Once I have taken the time to research and take out the battery for the CMOS (which helped it) I couldn't fix my problem of my cpu spiking. I haven't overclocked it ever. The game I have tried out first was Counter Strike: Global Offensive, and the Frames Per Second before were at 200, then after the installation, it has turned out to be lower than 80 on the highest. Even on the lowest I get a consistent of 110, which isnt normal. I decided to clean uninstall on safe mode and reinstall drivers yet it didn't work whatsoever. Is there another possible way I can fix it?

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6870

Didn't overclock

AMD Catalyst Driver Version: I don't remember exactly what i had before, but from the installation, the most recent one.

Operating system: 64-bit on Windows 7 (Upgraded to w/10) then installed it back again
      Applications + games: Counter Strike: Global Offensive

CPU Details: AMD Phenom II X6 1090t

Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC. Model: M4A79T Deluxe
      Motherboard BIOS Version: 3303

• Re: CPU spike + lower FPS
          amdmatt

The issue you have described to me sounds fairly normal, a cpu bottleneck. Google the term CS:GO CPU Bottleneck, and you'll see what i mean. I presume you're playing the online mode and you see the drops, even with the lowest image quality settings.