7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2016 12:29 AM by loki2161

Crimson 15.12 installed from webpage, not recognized and prompted to update by AMD programs.

slinner260

I've installed the Crimson 15.12 Radeon Software a good five times now. I have tried this with and without antivirus on, while using an administrator account, and on a fresh install of windows 10 64 bit.

Hardware:

R7 260x GPU

Radeon HD 6530D APU (Disabled) *Quad Core 2.2 Ghz*

8 GB Ram

I have no issues with most games, to include BF4 etc. However, I recently purchased Rainbow Six Siege and experience tearing and texture flickering typically associated with driver issues. I did a Windows reset last night, and am in the process of rebuilding the machine. Despite this, with nothing preventing an install, Catalyst and Gaming Evolved continue to prompt me to update and placing me back at square one.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Re: Crimson 15.12 installed from webpage, not recognized and prompted to update by AMD programs.
          amdmatt

You can disable the update notifications in both applications.

For Gaming Evolved application go to the spanner icon in the top right hand corner > preferences and uncheck notify/check for driver updates.

In Catalyst Control Center go to the Information tab on the left and Software Updates and untick automatically check for updates.

HF1WE.png

If you are using Crimson go to the Updates tab in Radeon Settings and untick check for updates.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: Crimson 15.12 installed from webpage, not recognized and prompted to update by AMD programs.
              loki2161

HI Matt, I was looking for a way to stop radeon settings from automatically checking for new drivers when I found this thread.

Unfortunately there seems to be no way to untick check for updates. Clicking on check for updates simply initiates a search for new drivers, there is no on or off

to be found. am I missing something? I do not use Gaming evolved, just crimson, Radeon settings.

amdmatt

When you have finished installing the drivers and it prompts you to restart, uncheck 'Automatically Check For Driver Updates' and click restart.

loki2161

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, I did that on the initial install and it still seeks out updates and throws up the install/upgrade page every day.A minor inconvenience, but I would like to be able to make it stop. Oh well. 16.1.1 by the way, is what I am using. thanks again. 

To: John Christopherson <loki2161@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, April 6, 2016 4:56 AM

Subject: Crimson 15.12 installed from webpage, not recognized and prompted to update by AMD programs. | AMD Developer Forums

#yiv1474250124 * #yiv1474250124 a #yiv1474250124 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv1474250124 #yiv1474250124 h1, #yiv1474250124 h2, #yiv1474250124 h3, #yiv1474250124 h4, #yiv1474250124 h5, #yiv1474250124 h6, #yiv1474250124 p, #yiv1474250124 hr {}#yiv1474250124 .yiv1474250124button td {}

|

Community 

Crimson 15.12 installed from webpage, not recognized and prompted to update by AMD programs.

in Drivers & Software  When you have finished installing the drivers and it prompts you to restart, uncheck 'Automatically Check For Driver Updates' and click restart.  Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community  SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:  

- Go to the message on Community (you’ll need to log in).

- Click on either the Helpful Answer button or the Correct Answer button.

- Pat yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.

This email was sent by Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

slinner260

I appreciate the reply, however the notifications aren't the real issue. The issues that have been linked to issues with the drivers are the core problem. Do you have any suggestions in that regard?

kingfish

Using Autoruns..I found a start up in 'scheduled tasks' ....AMD 'check for updates'...unchecked it. Make sure you run it as administrator or the changes won't stick.

Screenshot_5 (1).png

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        loki2161

Thank you kindly. Will give it a go.

To: John Christopherson <loki2161@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, April 6, 2016 7:37 PM

Subject: Crimson 15.12 installed from webpage, not recognized and prompted to update by AMD programs. | AMD Developer Forums

#yiv2039765279 * #yiv2039765279 a #yiv2039765279 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv2039765279 #yiv2039765279 h1, #yiv2039765279 h2, #yiv2039765279 h3, #yiv2039765279 h4, #yiv2039765279 h5, #yiv2039765279 h6, #yiv2039765279 p, #yiv2039765279 hr {}#yiv2039765279 .yiv2039765279button td {}

|

Community 

in Drivers & Software  Using Autoruns..I found a start up in 'scheduled tasks' ....AMD 'check for updates'...unchecked it. Make sure you run it as administrator or the changes won't stick.   Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community  SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:  

- Go to the message on Community (you’ll need to log in).

- Click on either the Helpful Answer button or the Correct Answer button.

- Pat yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.

This email was sent by Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|