3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2016 2:24 AM by formal432

Radeon R9 Fury black screen in all 3D games

aedivian

Hello, im in need of help. Just recently I bought a new computer called "Gamer Premium".  The computer was advertised as being

able to play high end games such as GTA 5 etc.  When I recieved it in the mail I booted it up and installed tons of games. Like

Gta5, black ops 3, rust, rift, wildstar, diablo 3, project cars, Total War 2 Rome , Civ 5, Elite dangerous, league of legends, fallout4 and

a few more.

I spendt 2 days downloading all the games before it was all finished. When I first booted up GTA 5 the game launched fine

and I got into the game only to be met with a black screen. My monitor said the hdmi cabel had lost signal and went black. The sound

kept on going in a loop in the background. I tried alt-tab, ctrl-alt-delete, tab-enter, alt-f4 but no respons. After 4 minute

with black screen the green lights on my Razer keyboard and mouse went out meaning they too had lost connection to computer and the

audio loop dissapeared.

I had to hold the power button down for 5 seconds to reboot it. Then I tried Project Cars. It started okay, I got in the menues and

was able to pick a car and track then start the game. When the game started I was able to drive a whooping 10 seconds until I

was met with another black screen.

To sum it up : This happened in all 3D games with no exception. I tried many different 3D games. Wildstar, Rust, Rift, Gta, CoD, elite

dangerous, fallout 4, csgo, battlefield 4, project cars but black screen occured everytime.

The only games I have been able to play with no problems is League of Legends, Diablo3 and Adventure Capitalist. Ive played these 3 games

hours after hours with no problems except one : If i run adventure capitalist in background same time as league of legends is running I

get black screen.

I have installed Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12 and I have tried 2 different monitors and even tried hooking up computer to the tv.

Non of this worked. I also tried different HDMI cables and I checked inside the computer to see if the graphics card was loose but it was not.

Worth mentioning is that my computer runs fine with everthing except games. I can watch videoes, twitch stream, youtube and everyting else

besides 3D games. It can however run 3DMark Advanced benchmark oddly. Ive ran it about 30 times and it works fine. The benchmark results is here :

http://picpaste.com/pics/3d-4NgPSFtQ.1451879863.png

And my system specs is :

NZXT Phantom Special Edition Sort/Orange

Vifter: 2x 120mm Side, 1x 200mm Topp, 1x 120mm Bak

Corsair CX 600M, 600W PSU

ATX 12V V2.3, 80 Plus Bronze, Modular. 2x 6+2pin P

AMD FX-8320 Black Edition, Socket-AM3+,

Prosessor, 3.5GHz, 8-Core, 16MB Cache, 125W, 32nm,

ASUS M5A97 R2.0, Socket-AM3+

Hovedkort, ATX, 970+SB950, DDR3, 2xG2-PCIe-x16, CF

HyperX Fury DDR3 1600MHz 8GB Black

2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM (Kit of 2) HyperX Fur

ASUS Radeon R9 FURY 4GB STRIX GAMING

PCI-Express 3.0, "DC3", DL-DVI-I, HDMI, 3xDisplayP

Seagate® Desktop SSHD 1TB

KUN TIL PC PRODUKSJON

MS COA Win 10 Home Nordic

For Komplett PC only - HED license

Samsung 27" LED Curved S27E500C

1920x1080 VA, 4ms, 1000:1, VGA/HDMI

• Re: Radeon R9 Fury black screen in all 3D games
          heraji

I got the exact same issue as you and I also got the ASUS Fury Strix. This is my second card as I sent the first one back for RMA because of this. However, the new card have the same issue..

From reading around the web, it seems that we are not the only ones with this card and this issue. It seems to be something with the vBIOS, and only ASUS can fix this by a vBIOS update. I've tried everything, nothing we can do I'm afraid.. Other than wait for a new driver or vBIOS to fix this.

amdmatt

It sounds like it could be a faulty graphics card. I would recommend trying a different Catalyst driver to see if that resolves the issue. If it persists, i would recommend contacting Asus for guidance on how to proceed.

formal432

Hey, my friend , your are not alone with this. I ve got almost the same problem but with Gigabyte R9 Fury.In addition to black screen and low FPS in high end games, coolers on grapghic card start spining at maximum speed. Seems to be I found a solution how to fix this, but not sure about it. Just download OLD drivers like this version: 15.201.1151.1004   (i currently use it).Dont install new Crimson drivers seems to be there is problems with them. When I installed old driver everything went really awesome, i got my perfect 60 FPS in GTA 5 and BF4. I also reinstalled CRIMSON driver to see what will happen. The result was low FPS and black screen. I hope that it will help you.