AnsweredAssumed Answered

Fallout 4 running at 12-30 fps at 1080p to 4k on a Fury X

Question asked by donta1979 on Jan 3, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 21, 2016 by donta1979

Well I just switched sides, from nvidia to amd. I was using a GTX Titan Signature. The game didn't run this bad on the Titan, with all the same hardware.

It kept a constant 40+ FPS with everything on Ultra. noticing the FuryX does not go over 400-500mhz in Fallout 4, even with clockblock forcing it to run 1050 game is still running horrible at both resolutions

System specs

Core I7 4770k

G1.Sniper Z5S LGA 1150 Intel Z87 w/ the latest F3 bios.

32gb of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 "I use maya too"

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G

Windows 10 Pro X64bit Fully updated fresh install

AMD Crimson Drivers 15.12

XFX AMD R9 Fury X

"I had to use clockblock to keep maya from crashing due to downclocking as well as fix the screen corruption issue with just using IE/Chrome or my desktop just sitting there"

I do not want to swallow my pride and get bent over by nvidia again to buy a TitanX that lacks features that make the gui in the viewport clunky, amd still has the hardware on their gaming gpus to let me use applications like Maya without it crashing. But as someone who likes to game and work on their PC, when I want to game I want to game, wondering if I should wait this out and hope AMD comes up with a fix or return the Fury X bend over and take the green nvidia weenie again in defeat... I have been an enthusiast since the 80's used AMD in the early 00's when my old 3dfx voodoo 5 5500 could no longer keep up then started using nvidia in 2005-2006 just because it was easier with gaming.

So am asking for some options on the next step wait it out, or do a return...

Outcomes