5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2016 5:50 PM by bowdon

Radeon software and AMD driver won't install.

bowdon

Hi all,

I am trying to update the graphics card AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics on an HP 655 Notebook PC. I run the AMD Gaming Evolved software and it says I need to update the driver to 15.30.1025.1001. So I click update and it takes me to an AMD page telling me to download Crimson Edition 15.12. So I do, and run it. It scans the computer and I hit install. Then at the end it tells me it hasn't installed Radeon software or the AMD driver.

I've tried installing this driver multiple times, including with my Avast anti-virus program switched off. I've ran the installer in admin mode. Nothing seems to fix this.

The reason I decided to update the drivers is because a friend was having this exact same issue on her laptop too (she has a gateway laptop). So what could be the issue?

Any help much appreciated.

• Re: Radeon software and AMD driver won't install.
          amdmatt

What are the full system specifications of your laptop, including your CPU/APU?

If you are having trouble installing Crimson then the trick is to temporarily disable your Internet Connection and AntiVirus.

bowdon

Its an HP laptop, with an APU processor.

Im just wondering though why wouldnt the radeon software install too? I have a feeling its the same reason the driver won't install. They was the only 2 things that didn't update/install when I used the new crimson program.

I've never heard of a graphics producers program not installing before. I'm sure there must be a reason?

I have read through the forum and noticed other people at different dates having a similar situation to me, yet none of the threads find a solution, or if a half solution is found its usually from a fellow user.

Is radeon and the driver compatible with windows 10 since the november 1151 update? I noticed some of ASUS's programs were removed because of incompability issues.

Earnhardt

amdmatt:

"What are the full system specifications of your laptop, including your CPU/APU?

"Bowden:

"Its an HP laptop, with an APU processor"

I'm sure it's a little more than that!

Updated my old

Acer Aspire 5560 Laptop

AMD A8-3520M APU quad core with AMD Radeon HD 6620G/Graphics

from windows 7 to windows 10 just for the heck of it,installed the latest crimson software/drivers with 0 issues.

bowdon

That's great.

I'm just wondering why the actual Radeon software won't install.

When I downloaded and ran the latest Crimson package the only 2 things it couldnt install was the Radeon software and the display driver.

I can understand that with drivers sometimes you need you remove the previous one to then install a new one. But with the radeon software there was no previous version. So what's stopping it installing? This same situation is also happening on my friends laptop too.

I keep waiting for an AMD tech person to tell me possible reasons why the radeon software won't install.

bowdon

So is there any idea why the Radeon software won't install?

The only AMD programs I have on the laptop are CCC and AMD Gaming Evolved. I don't believe these two are the Radeon software that's been released. Isn't the Radeon software called Crimson?

I can understand that there can be issues updating drivers, but why can't this flag ship program install on an AMD computer/laptop? Surely that program should be like installing any program??