AnsweredAssumed Answered

Noticing Bad Aliasing With R7 370

Question asked by jsa005 on Jan 3, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 4, 2016 by t77chevy

Hello everyone,

Lately I have been noticing bad aliasing in a lot of games. It is most noticeable in games like Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Assassin's Creed Unity and GTA V.

It seems that even with settings such as 8 X MSAA there are still a lot of shimmering, crawling, jagged edges in the games.

I am not sure how long this problem has been taking place, as I only noticed it recently after about 3 months with my graphics card. I have recently upgraded to the Crimson Edition drivers, and I know this problem was still present on the previous drivers I had installed.

I generally play games at 1440 X 900 resolution, but I have tried using VSR and playing games at downscaled 1920 X 1200 resolution with no visible improvements.

I have also tried forcing AA settings using the AMD CCC (Now AMD Radeon Settings (As of Crimson Edition upgrade)), but none of the settings seem to make a difference (In fact, setting absurd settings such as 16 X MSAA doesn't even lead to a performance drop, making me think the settings are not even being applied).

Does anyone here have any idea what I can try to solve the jagged edges in my games?

I would hugely appreciate any help.

Outcomes