7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2017 10:44 PM by budnarrow

AMD APU A6-3400M With Radeon HD 6520G Graphics install

budnarrow

Hello All my name is Bill

I have been trying to install the graphics driver and software for my Asus K53ta Notebook computer and have been running into trouble for reasons unknown. I am able to completely uninstall all of the Drivers and software and then clean it up with the AMDcleanuptool. but when I go to install the Graphics driver Currently Catalyst 15.7.1 and ones before it will install the Catalyst the graphics driver and all except when I get to the AMD Quick Stream everytime it gets to that point of the install (last thing) the install stops. I left it going over night and it was still stopped when I woke. I had to end task in task manager. I contacted Appnetworks and they have instructed me on how to un-install it and that process has been successful. I had tried to install it again from the ABC.exe and it stopped and I had to end task in task manager and un-install it.

so my video/graphics have been messed up. the person I had re-install windows installed the wrong drivers. and so I have been trying to fix the problem.

when I go onto the internet I am able to see some videos in HD full screen and some I am unable to. when I go to youtube and play a video the video is green and is delayed starting once it starts I have to reset the video back to the beginning because the player is still green. the video then starts to play. so now I try to go to full screen and things get messed up the video is black flickers on and off then stops. nothing gets the video to work, I have to exit full screen and watch the video in medium player.

I have tried using the Auto-Detect and that worked in detecting my Hardware and Downloaded the Software. once the install started it stopped at the AMD Quick Stream. this was a couple months ago. and so now I am trying it again. I uninstalled everything and then with the cleanup tool also and downloaded the Auto-detect again it detected my hardware but says that it could not connect to AMD servers. so I dug deeper into what I have and as it says above I found the Radeon 6000 series driver that I was directed to after selecting the Apu, the graphics, the OS, etc. so I downloaded that driver and installed it once again it got to AMD Quick Stream and stopped. I had to end it in task manager. and un-install Quick stream. I had noticed that this install did not install the Chipset drivers (USB, SB, Etc) so  I went back to AMD.com and found the Chipset driver AMD Catalyst and downloaded and installed that it detected that I had the graphics driver and graphics software and it installed the USB driver SB driver CPU fix etc.  and so here is where I am at I have everything installed except the AMD Quick Stream. and am having problems still. I don't know where it is from but there is also a Memory Leak in I. and speaking of that I noticed that the AMD steady stream is for IE9.

May I Please get help with this? I am trying to figure this out and have tried several things and am needing someone to point me in the right direction.

I have attaches current System information as of 1/1/2016

Thank you,

Bill

• Re: AMD APU A6-3400M With Radeon HD 6520G Graphics install
          amdmatt

For OEM technical support of AMD Quick Stream Technology, please send emails to: oem_aqs_support@appexnetworks.com and they will be able to help you.

I have a few things you can try which might resolve the issue.

Please ensure your Windows Install is fully up to date, including all recommended and optional updates.

Please ensure you have the latest Motherboard bios, chipset drivers etc.

Scan and repair your Windows install for any errors or corrupt files, which could be causing issues. To do this on Windows 7, simply follow the guide on this link. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

Try disabling your internet connection and antivirus while running the AMD quick stream installer.

I suspect there could be an incompatibility issue somewhere on your system that is preventing the driver from being installed. A fresh installation of Windows might overcome this, if you are willing to try that.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              budnarrow

Hello AMDmatt,

Thank you for responding, some of this i have already done. here's what I have done;

1. Windows are up to date, I even did a scan and repair tool and so everything is ok there before this.

2. I have and have been checking driver versions. the tech that re-installed windows put the wrong drivers in and so I have been fixing that. drivers for the most part are up to date including the Chipset driver. I got the chipset driver from AMD.com a week ago. that installed nicely and detected the graphics driver. the graphics driver installer though is where the problem is.

3. I have already done a Sfc /scannow and several other scans. sfc found that DDores.dll is corrupted. I have to get one from a clean computer. I am battling a reoccurring Eldorado Malicious software. I am trying to do thorough work on that and have been working on a bleepingcomputer.com forum post about it.

4. I have System Mechanic and so I have temporarily disable system guard which prevent processes and other things from doing whatever. the anti-virus doesn't stop it. I had originally downloaded the Auto-detect. I was connected to the internet and it could not detect a connection. so I downloaded the specific AMD Driver and temporarily disabled system guard. I ran the installer and it stopped at the AMD Quick Stream. I had to end task in task manger. I have been disconnecting from the internet while away from the computer.

next is the incompatibility and re-install. I have already done before this post contacted Appnetworks (AMD Quick stream or AQS) before this post from what is recommended on the AMD Driver webpage. we had done some tech work to figure it out. I installed and uninstalled and installed and un-installed again. without system guard and several other things. I had said to the tech that this particular computer doesn't seem to like the AQS for some reason and so the techs response was that AQS might be incompatible with his particular computer. and so now I have it un-installed and one night I was able to watch youtube videos in full screen and then the next day it didn't do it anymore. I m thinking I need to un-install the display driver and re-install it with out AQS checked in the check box. I am wondering if the display drivers are not fully installed. although AQS was the last thing to install. so I dont know.

the re-install is my last resort because I am investigating the malicious software. I am preparing for that though. it looks though I have to buy a OS disc from Asus. I can repair this.

kingfish

Have you tried the drivers furnished by Microsoft?

The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11 on Windows 10:

• AMD A4/A6/A8-3000 Series APUs
              • AMD E2-2000 APU
              • AMD E1/E2-1000 Series APUs
              • AMD E-200/300/400 Series APUs
              • AMD C-Series APUs
              • AMD Z-Series APUs

NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, pleaseDO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver. Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver. If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and installed the AMD Catalyst™ Driver, please follow the steps listed below to resolve this issu

1. Uninstall the AMD Catalyst™ Driver using the Program and Features option in the Control Pane
              2. Reboot the system
              3. Use Windows Update to install the appropriate graphics driver for the APU.
                budnarrow

I wanted to update this post. the problem was initially resolved thanks to Kingfish. I have since thoroughly cleaned out and rebuilt this computer. i have added a Samsung Pro SSD 256gb and 8 gb of 1600mhz of R.A.M. i re-install windows 7 and have only been using the Display driver from the Asus website. the subject above was after i tried to update the display driver. i am curious to know what driver above the 2011 11.8 driver is stable with this Notebook Computer?

P.s. i have to say this computer is performing far better that when i bought it with the new SSD and R.A.M.!!!