3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2016 8:42 AM by t77chevy

R9 295x2 4 or 8 GB? Rainbow Six Siege

erebozz

Hello Guys, Im using an Amd Radeon r9 295x2. Im playing in 4k. I know it displays as two divices, but does it work as one? 8GB? Rainbow Six Siege just displays one of them and is just able to use one of them (Looks like) i just got 4 GB... Is there a way to find a solution, to use the whole 8GB?

• Re: R9 295x2 4 or 8 GB? Rainbow Six Siege
          t77chevy

I also run 295x2s myself at 4k , the 295x2 is just two 290x on a single pcb , while for some unknown logical reason they advertise it as 8g vram and is in fact not , it has two gpus and each gpu has 4g vram so just like any other cf setup only has 4g vram as until dx12 split screen rendering takes off " vram stacking " vram does not add up .

with that being said you shouldn't have any issues at 4k resolution with the 4g vram as at 4k resolution no aa is required
          " unless you're playing on a large tv screen " as the screen dpi is so high no jagged edges should be visible, and what does normally eat up the vram .

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              erebozz

Im sry my school english is a bit bad so i have problems with some words, like "aa".

I want to recap if i unterstood everything.

1. You said that it isnt stacking anymore bc of Dx12. (Im using 2 screens) Is it possible to stack the vram?

Oh wow i got aa. Aa is Anti Ali. Okay thanks so i can turn aa off? No x8 is needed? I got two screens with 28".

But is there a possibility to stack it up bc in my opinion the other 4GB are completly useless if im just able to use 4GB? Or not?

t77chevy

vram has never stacked before the vram stacking is a feature coming to dx 12 , but so far none of the games are coded for it yet , hopefully some will start coming out this year .

and the other 4g vram isn't being wasted in your pc , you have to look at the 295x2 as two 290x in crossfire with each 290x having 4g vram .