AnsweredAssumed Answered

r7 M260 problem. max core clock 400mhz and other problems.

Question asked by client47 on Jan 1, 2016

my HP pavilion is having issues running the m260

im using windows 8.1 with amd A-10 processor

using GPU-z i see the max core clock is 400mhz and max mem clock is 600mhz gpu load is 100%

im using windows 8.1 with amd A-10 processor

updating to windows 10 and using crimson drivers 15.12 screwed everything up. huge FPS loss in games totally unplayable.

wiped the computer and installed a fresh version of windows 8.1 installed basic drivers now clock speed is halved.

i have tried everything. what the hell do i need to do to make this freakin card just work properly.

after all tests

all crimson drivers dont work. gpu is put under huge stress while gaming. gets too hot runs on 100% constantly resulting in massive fps loss and unplayable. looped animated events (such as fires burn too fast) in games run in overdrive while the game lags.

using old drivers. seems to work ok with ok fps but still getting fps loss due to fact that gpu is only running at 50% capacity. core clock capped at 400mhz

i accidentally fixed the problem however (for a day)

i uninstalled both APU and GPU installed HP recomended drivers from HP website. then rightclicked on the gpu and hit "updatedrivers" it updated to 13.352.1004.1010

somehow. and i have no idea how. it mannaged to install the drivers without installing the CCC all of a sudden it seemed to be working fine at the stated 980mhz

beautifull i thought. my games ran on normal fps for once. card did not overheat and cpu load seemed normal (not constatly 100%) perfect.

untill i download and install armored warfare. this game does not recognise the GPU at all and only uses the APU. far out. so what do i do. i install the freaking CCC now the game still does not recognise the GPU and im capped at 400mhz again

i have now done everything. spent hours downloading and installing drivers. wiped the pc went back to windows 8.1 repeated the process trying to find a bloody driver that will run the card at full capacity.

why the hell cant this card just work. i think i will sell this laptop but how?? what do i say. im selling because the product does not work???? what gamer wants a pc with a GPU which is not supported. i see many people on the forums having trouble with this card and drivers.

AMD make a freaking driver that works with this card!!

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.130913-2141)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC

BIOS: F.43

Processor: AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics   (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz

Memory: 12288MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 11460MB RAM

Page File: 3765MB used, 10127MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown

DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode

Outcomes