AnsweredAssumed Answered

certain games wont start/display correctly

Question asked by dmarkojr on Jan 1, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 2, 2016 by dmarkojr

Hello, I just recently got an r9 380 and have been off to a rough start with it.  In the games that it runs, it runs them phenomenally, although i keep having problems with alot of my games.  Out of the 15 or so i tested, crysis 2, red faction guerrilla, and just cause 2 act as though my display has an extra inch in each direction, and maxes at 720p, whereas all my other games allow me to go up to 1080i.  Then I have games that wont even run, such as just cause 2 multiplayer, dead island, and far cry 2. Ive already tried to uninstall/reinstall the graphics drivers with no result.  Any help would really be appreciated. My system specs are intel i5 3470 @3.2ghz, xfx r9 380 2gb, 2x4gb 1600mhz cl9 ram, windows 10 pro 64 bit. my current driver is the crimson edition driver, although ive tried the 15.28 that came with my card(caused my screen to run 720p and act as though it had an extra inch in all directions constantly).  my only guess off hand is either its the graphics drivers, or maybe direct x.

Outcomes