1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 31, 2015 9:51 PM by t77chevy

Monitor via Displayport exhibits momentary glitches / blank screen on wake from sleep or monitor power up

omen

I recently got a new 34" LG ultrawide curved monitor and have been experiencing some graphical glitches and blank black screens when I wake from sleep or turn the monitor on. This only seems to happen via the displayport from my AMD R290 graphics card. I have tried isolating the issue and can only replicate when I use R290 + displayport. If I use a thunderbolt to HDMI cable from a macbook pro, it does not glitch at all. Also tried using a new displayport cable and surge protector, same result.

Some other observations: The monitor also has built speakers, after about 0-2 minutes from waking up the computer / monitor, the display will emit a loud popping sound from the speakers along with about a quarter of the screen glitching for a split second. Sometimes the screen will just go black for 2 seconds and then recover. I am using Windows 10 64-bit and the latest crimson drivers. The monitor has DP 1.2 and 1.1 modes, makes no difference.

Any advice is appriciated