I have been recently having problems with my GPU (R9 380X) disconnecting from my screen during play of graphically intense games such as GTA V, and Fallout 4 after about and hour of play. It isn't just the screen going black, it is overall disconnecting... Also, it isn't my computer turning of or going to sleep because there is still sound, and also my screen is cycling through analog and HDMI inputs to try to find one.
Things I've Tried So Far:
- I have switched to my old card (Nvidia GeForce GTX 480) to test if it was my screen that was bad since it was disconnecting, but it worked fine, no problems.
- I switched the cord for my screen (Note: I am using HDMI) and it still didn't change anything, after an hour of play the screen disconnected.
- I have entirely reinstalled all the drivers for the AMD Hardware in my computer, still no effect.
If anyone can help me with this problem that would be great!
Specs of my PC:
- GPU: AMD R9 380X
- CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 945 Processor
- Radeon Software Version: 15.12
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
Unfortunately I can't really show what happens as my screen does just randomly turn off...