7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2015 7:35 PM by antyholm

AMD Crimson dosen't display an image on my monitor

antyholm

i have a problem with me HD 7970 and the crimson software, i recently tried to install the crimson software on my computer, after installation it requested me to reboot, so i did, Heres where it gets funny, when my pc boots it shows the usual "Starting windows" symbol but when it switches to "Welcome" and the desktop it does not show any image and my monitor, it turns of like if it was on standby. I've contacted Windows about this problem and i've been forced to delete my windows and install it again, so i've lost everything on my computer.

the only way i can get my computer to boot properly is to boot with out drivers and delete the crimson software, but its pretty difficult to play games without a driver for my graphicscard

HELP ME!!

• Re: AMD Crimson dosen't display an image on my monitor
          tomtalk24

MS support isnt support. Sounds like you have Windows 7 so the driver would have created a System Restore Point before installing, you could have just used that. Secondly you could create a second partition on your HDD for games and documents. Sounds like you just want to get on and play so...

Manually create a System Restore Point then try the latest drivers again, your running off Microsoft Basic Display Drivers. Kinda looks all washed out yeah? If the same happens again, reboot into safemode (F8 when booting) and Restore using the Point you made.

We could then try an earlier driver is something isnt gelling right with Crimson and your system. You can find them here. Just keep them Restore Points comming just incase.

This may be of help when installing drivers, things like disconecting internet and turning off AV help. How to perform a clean driver install

Hope you get it sorted.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              antyholm

everything worked perfectly before the crimson update.

what i dont understand is why it dosen't work with a freshly installed windows 7 proffesional and a HDD with nothing on it?

kingfish

You should report issues like this to AMD > AMD Issue Reporting Form

tomtalk24

I don't either. Do you have any other GPUs on the system that might be taking over from your 7970? When it blacks out, if you try the other display ports including the mobo if you have one, if any of them are taking over it would come into life the moment you plug it in. You may have an option in the BIOS to have it select PEG or PCIe first, but this would be from post not from Windows start screen, might be worth a look.

The GPU not detecting you are using HDMI1 but is displaying via the unused on-board VGA for instance is the only scenario I can think of. Can you post back your CPU and mobo.

antyholm

none of the display ports will show an image (DVI / DVI-D / 2xmini Display port / HDMI)

my motherboard does not have a port.

i've tried what you've mentioned overleaf but without luck, i've tried to report the issue to AMD and they had a category (Blank/Black screen after installation of a driver) so they must know this issue but apperently no sulution, i've tried to swap my GPU with an old Nvidia 8800GTX and i had no problems with anything, but performance wise theres a long distance from an old Nvidia chip and a HD 7970

I think i'm forced to install the driver that comes with card in the package.

I'ts an XFX Radeon HD 7970 3GB DDR5 Dual disapation card (if its for any use)

tomtalk24

I have one of the same card, just a 7950. If you have the time, could you try a few drivers from the ones on the CD to Crimson. Maybe skip a few but you might hit a more recent but working driver. Might take a few restore points. Heres the link again if you need it. Im not sure what help it would be but maybe ask AMD with a support ticket. Lastly flash the bios if a newer one on Video Bios Collection | techPowerUp It could help.

Im sorry your not having a great time with your GPU. Hope something works out.

antyholm

So after 5 hours of installing i've finaly found a driver that will work with the HD 7900series and R200 series

AMD Catalyst 14.12 WHQL Omega

i had to chat with a computer tech and he advised me to delete the device and all its drivers (except the one pre-installed from the factory) by deleting it from the system through computer>propperties>device manager> select your video card> delete it from your system incl all its drivers> reboot the computer and install the AMD Catalyst 14.12 WGQL omega driver.

i've tried to work out this problem for a week now, and so far i've recived no support from AMD what so ever, but this WILL work

thank you for your time and help its much appreciated