1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 28, 2015 2:47 AM by j_zumwalt@hotmail.com

MSI R9 390 constant crashing.

j_zumwalt@hotmail.com

1. OS? (32 or 64 bit)  Windows 10 64bit

2. Graphics card? Processor?  MSI R9 390

3. Power supply? (make and model)  Ultra X4 850W

4. Overclocked?  Factory settings.

5. Laptop or Desktop? (If laptop, manufacturer and exact model number)  Desktop

6. When did issue first appear?  Right after hardware install.

Things I've already done.

DDU
      PSU Swap

Driver versions 15.7, 15.7.1, 15.12

Minimal program installation of AMD software ie not installing "Gaming Evolved".

Things that are happening.

Tried several times to run Furmark.  Never get past 10 seconds on any settings.
      Tried several times to run 3D Mark 11.  Same result.

Ran WoW on "fair" settings and the game ran but right when I increase to "ultra" settings, CRASH.  Yes, this would indicate a PSU problem but it can't be, I've swapped and I've used two PSU's at the same time using one on the mainboard and the other on the card.

Let me know if you want more info.

• Re: MSI R9 390 constant crashing.
          j_zumwalt@hotmail.com

Update:

I tested the card in my wife's computer with success.  Ran a Furmark and scored around 8000.  Ran WoW on ultra settings with no problems.

Put the card back in my computer and did a clean install of windows 7x64.  Experienced a crash right at the start of Furmark.

The only thing I could think of to change before sending the card back was putting it in another PCIe slot.  I did and have successfully ran a Furmark.

I guess the question now is what would be causing the card to crash in the PCIe slot 1?