4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2016 4:58 PM by wpphili

AMD Crimson Drivers 15.12 Pixel Format Option

wpphili

Bonjour,

I recently installed the newest Crimson Drirvers for my new video Card.  The problem is, I can't find anywhere where is the option to change the Pixel Format (as was available on the Catalyst software) and the defaut setup is not suitable for my setting (TV).

• Re: AMD Crimson Drivers 15.12 Pixel Format Option
          wpphili

Unfinished Post, sory.  Do you know how to change these settings with the new Crimson Drviers?

waltc

Are you speaking of full RGB or Limited?  If so, I believe you'll find that setting under the "Additional Settings" button.

If you are speaking of screen resolution, you're out of luck because the Crimson interface doesn't allow the end user to change Windows resolutions through the driver. I'd suggest rolling back to the 15.7.1 Catalysts if you need to do that. And before you ask me, no, I have no earthly idea what possessed them to do that with Crimson--or at least to release it in it's present condition...;)

wpphili

With the latest drivers, there are no "Additional Settings" or it is invisible for whatever reason.  The only "Additional Settings" brings me to the check for update section and that is it.

And yes, I am speaking of RGB vs YCbCr.  To get decent quality on my Samsung TV I have to set it up to RGB Limited or else I get wrong colors and large pixelisation while I get a smooth and colorfull image with RGB Limited.

I have downgraded to Catalys 15.10 to get all the settings I need ... !

Editorial : I don't understand why when using AMD Video card you need to mess around with these settings and always have to try tens of different drivers to have it work propely while on NVIDIA, everything is crystal clear right out of the box ... !?

Hopefully, I won't get more disapointed with my new video card (MSI R9 390), besides the constant noise under stress, drivers issue, and configuration problem ... !

wpphili

I have to bump this up, I just reinstalled the lates 15.12 drivers and I can confirm I can't find any "aditionnal settings" that could allow me to change the pixel format.  Can anyone confirm that, with drivers 15.12, there is an "advanced settings" that allow Pixel Format change!?