5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2016 5:19 PM by t77chevy

Random black screen Radeon R9

acker

Hi, i got some problems for the last couple of month. Since i updated my system to windows 10 I have random black screen and i have to cut power to reset the system. It happens at least 2-3 times a day. It never happend while playing a game (I usually play with windowd boarderless), which is good. Still when i work and the system chrashes is annoying (you know, the i didn't save for 5 min. and i lost quite some work thing!). The only thing always running when the black screen occur is google chrome and this is simply because chrome is ALWAYS running when I start my computer. As this grafic card wasn't that cheap I would realy appreciate some help.

Grafic card:

AMD Radeon R9 200 series

resolution 1680x1050

Driver:

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12

Utility:

AMD Gaming Evolved

monitor:

2x Samsung S22C450 both connected via DVI

operating system:

Windows 10 pro 64-bit

HDD:

Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB

mother board:

MAXIMUS VII HERO -> i updated all drivers just a couple of weeks ago

CPU:

Intel Core i5-4670K CPU @ 3.4Ghz

• Re: Random black screen Radeon R9
          t77chevy

you can disable google from starting at boot , task manger / startup and disable google chrome , for the black screen, uninstall the display drivers and use ddu in safe mode , reboot then  open a command prompt with admin rights and run chkdsk c: /r " will require a reboot and will take a while depending on the size/data on the os drive " after that has finished and loaded windows again , again open a command prompt with admin rights and run sfc/scannow " this will state if a restart is required or not , then install the drivers and see if the problem is still there