3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2015 9:19 AM by ebonclaw

THIS IS HAPPENING !!

theprist

hello and Merry christmas hope you guys are doing good , well from my side i can tell you that this is happening about to weeks my mobo got fried with a thunderstorm and 1 day a go my sons rig got fried too what else could happen to me ,o well at less i got my family ...!! GAME ON !!!

• Re: THIS IS HAPPENING !!
          charles4691

Hi and wanted to say sorry to hear that your systems all got fried ..There were no surged protectors going to the systems ? How is the rest of your electronics in the house ? Tv,stereos ect.The worst luck I have had is my video card kicking the bucket on me ..I hope you are able to redo those systems soon .A good surged protector has saved my stuff more than once

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              theprist

thanks in advance yes i got the surge protector but 2 late the hole system gotfryd that's all right i have in my hands a new mobo a EVGA Z171 FTW  AND 16 GIG 4 CHANNEL 3200 ,I5 6600K ,AND THE CARD WILL HAVE 2 WAITE A COUPLE OF MONTHS MONEY IS REALLY SCUZZING DON'T KNOW IF TO GET A R9 390X & A GTX 980 UNDERSIDE WITH ALL THE DRAMA THAT IS GOING ON WITH THE DRIVERS uff out of control any way thanks 4 asking !! GAME ON !!

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                  ebonclaw

Don't get a 390x, the performance/cost isn't worth it, it's really just a 290x with the clocks raised and a bunch of extra memory that really doesn't matter unless you're trying to do crazy high 4k gaming, which the card isn't powerful enough on its own for anyway (in order to even start using more than 4GB of VRAM you'd need some pretty intense 4k settings that a single GPU simply wouldn't keep up with).  You could get a 290x and overclock it and get similar performance with a much cheaper cost.  If $$ is an issue, the 290x is probably where you want to be.

1 of 1 people found this helpful