AnsweredAssumed Answered

Both Crimson 15.11 and 15.12 prevent windows from shutting down/rebooting

Question asked by deadlysinner99 on Dec 24, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 2, 2016 by deadlysinner99

Good Afternoon,

I am currently struggling with the newest software/driver package "Crimson". Everything installs fine and I haven't noticed any gaming issues but whenever I attempt to shut down or reboot (softly),  windows starts shutting down, screen goes black, monitors go to sleep, but the tower stays on. This is on both versions of crimson. I uninstalled all features without the main driver/software (ACP, HDMI audio etc) which didn't resolve the issue. As soon as I uninstall the driver/software and it asks me to reboot, the computer functions 100% normally again. So something with either the driver or software is preventing shutdowns/reboots (I can hard shutdown/reboot and there are no issues on next power on)

My current fix is to let windows update find my driver and I wouldn't be here if this wasn't 100% good. Now my 3D Advantage software hates the driver and won't complete sometimes. Games seem to function mostly okay.

I have attached a couple of pics of the driver I am currently running. Please let me know what my next step is or if you have any ideas. I have already filled out a detailed bug report to AMD as well.

PS. This is my first AMD GPU so I am pretty newbish to it. I don't know if there is a way to install just the GPU driver itself or if the software is required.

ASUS Rampage V Extreme

Intel 5930k (stock)

32g (4x8g) GSkill DDR4 2400mhz (stock)

Dual 295x2 Sapphire Radeon (stock)

Kingston Predator 240g PCI-e M.2 (OS drive)

Samsung evo 850 500gb (Game drive)

EVGA G2 1600w PSU

Dual Monitors: ASUS 27" 2560x1440 60hz

Attachments

Outcomes