AnsweredAssumed Answered

Complicated Video Split

Question asked by brandon.wynn on Dec 23, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 24, 2015 by t77chevy

Video card: AMD Radeon R7 260x rev 3.0

Model: GV-R726XOC-2GD

I am trying to get this card to essentially split into two different monitors (Extend mode). If I connect a DVI port to my regular monitor and a seperate DVI to VGA converter cord to a different computer monitor I get exactly what I am looking for. Here's the complex part, I need to do this exact same thing but split the second monitor's signal to 5 seperate TV's. I have the TV's hooked into an RCA amplifier (radio shack) and then into a 4ch video switch box that allows me to chose which video signal from different devices I send to the amp. This is also an RCA style box. I know this set up works because it's how I get the cable on all the TV's.

My computer is unable to detect that I have another "monitor" hooked up to it. My TV displays remain on the blue screen with "no signal" on the screen. The TV's are all flat screen and current within 4 years. I've tried adjusting screen resolution and refresh rate as well as updating drivers and reinstalling them while connected to multiple and a single tv. Also restarted the computer more times than I can count. I'm totally stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Outcomes