2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2015 6:36 PM by t77chevy

How do I resolve low FPS with AMD FX6100 and 7870 in games?

tripkin

As the subject says, I have an AMD FX6100 with 32GB ram and a MSI 7870 w/2GB GDDR5 sitting in a PCI3 bus running in PCI2 x16 mode. I have the latest drivers for the card installed (v 15.30.1025-151117a-296570C) running in Windows 8.1 with the latest updates. Pretty much any game I play has to be run at it's lowest settings even though the Radeon Settings tool thinks I should be able to run at the highest settings. This specifically involves Carmageddon Reincarnation, Guild Wars 2, Firefall, World of Tanks, Skyrim, and most especially Minecraft which runs horribly at even the lowest settings - especially if there are a lot of mobs around. I have tweaked, prodded pulled, reinstalled and it all makes no difference. All the games lag considerably and show FPS of less than 10 most of the time.

I have become quite frustrated, this has plagued me for 3 years now. I know it is not the most current card, and I am not running it in a Crossfire configuration, but there must be something wrong here. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!