8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2016 11:45 AM by gakagammy

Revelation v.2

gakagammy

Description

This is my new gaming PC, Revelation. I named her that because she is an enthusiast build opposed to the Genesis which was my first complete build which I upgraded over time. I used parts from Genesis & also added alot of new parts. I'm really happy w/ this build as it shows my maturity in PC building. Just upgraded all fans w/ Thermaltake "Riing" fans...

IMG_4233.JPG

Specifications

CPUAMD FX-9590 @ 4.7 Ghz
      CoolerCooler Master Seidon 120XL
      MotherboardGigabyte 990FXA-UD3 R5
      Memory32GB G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series DDR3 1866
      Graphics2x Gigabyte R9 290 Windforce's in Crossfire
      Drive 1Toshiba Q Series THNSNH128GBST 128GB
      Drive 2Western Digital Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM
      Drive 3Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB 5400 RPM
      PSURosewill 1000W 80+ Bronze
      CaseThermaltake Urban T31
      MonitorSEIKI SC323FI

Untitled-1.jpg

IMG_4087.JPG

IMG_4095.JPG

IMG_4122.JPG

IMG_4205.JPG

IMG_4206.JPG

IMG_4209.JPG

IMG_4214.JPG

IMG_4226.JPG

Message was edited by: Gameial Rankin

Message was edited by: Gameial Rankin

• Re: The Revelation v.1
          wonkeyeyes

Nice build.

I would stick with a quality fan with a hydraulic bearing and get DEEPCOOL RGB COLOR LED for under $20.

Or the HUE+ if your rich.

ebonclaw

I've used the Corsairs and the fans themselves were alright.  They were indeed quiet and looked nice, but I had trouble with the rubber housing on the corners being destroyed by the screws.  I bought some Phanteks fans instead and found them to be incredibly silent, good looking fans that moved a lot more air than I expected considering their non-existent noise levels.  I gotta say, Phanteks fans actually have really impressed me. 

I might note that if you opt for Phanteks, some models have an on/off switch for just the LED.  In a case that has no other lighting, they look really good, but in a case that has RGB lighting you can turn it off and just let the RGB lighting illuminate the white hubs/blades whatever color its set for and it looks amazing.  This is my Fractal R4 case with HUE lighting, none of my fans are LED, the CPU cooler fans do a good job of illustrating the effect RGB lighting has on white blades/hubs.  My rear fan has not been replaced yet, it's black, so you get an idea of the difference.

akRfUVC.jpg

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                gakagammy

The Phanteks fans sound nice. Which model? Just curious. I read this late so I've already replaced all my fans w/ Thermaltake Riing fans. These too are pretty quiet. They come w/ adapters for a "low noise" mode. Plus I LOVE the way they look in my case ^_^

ebonclaw

These are Phanteks PH-F120MP 120mm PWM High Static Pressure fans, they also come with low noise adapters FYI.  They max out at 25db and are completely inaudible in the R4 case thanks to its sound proofing.  You have to put your ear to the acrylic to hear 'em run, even under load.

• Re: Revelation v.2
                  anto160588

Very beautiful!!! Red power in a blue light!!!

Is it quiet?