2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2015 11:03 PM by radguy88

R9 280x MSI Crashing and artifacts

dawidsonhax

Hey

Recently i bought R9 280x MSI card im running it about  2-3 days . Main problems are that with any games it causes flickering many (A LOT) artifacts and crashes .

My question is : If there is any possibly fix that i can use because right now i cant even play simple low spec game without that problems :/

I tried reinstalling drivers and setting GPU and memory to fixed value . Nothing worked so far .

My Specs:

Radeon R9 280x MSI

i5-6500

8GB RAM

Gigabyte H110-S2PV

• Re: R9 280x MSI Crashing and artifacts
          jamesc359

Assuming it's 1) getting enough power and that 2) it's not overheating I'd just RMA it. It's not worth the hassle of messing with it any further.

• Re: R9 280x MSI Crashing and artifacts
            radguy88

It may be a long shot, but have you tried the second BIOS on the GPU? I believe that most of the R9 280X cards have a very small sliding switch labelled "1" and "2" on the PCB by the Crossfire bridge connector, near the I/O plate. Power off your system and try switching it and power it back up. See if that helps. Sometimes the GPU bios can make all the difference, other times it could be imminent failure and you may need to just replace the card. FYI, if you want to flash the BIOS on your card, be warned, you could brick it, especially if its already having artifacting issues, and it may void any warranty you have as well.