3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2015 6:05 PM by kvothe20

Fail to Crossfire 7970 GHz edition and 280X: PC Freeze

kvothe20

Hi, I need help...

I bought a 7970 GHz Edition a few years ago and decided to get a 280X for a bit more performance but I get PC crashes where the screen and sound freeze and I have to hardreset. I get this in everygame and benchmark after a different time in each. I can play BF4 in Ultra settings for a couple of minutes befor it crashes but a benchmark like FurMark or OCCT crashes instantly if not after 2 seconds.

What I tried so far:

- I testet each card alone = no problem

- I switched them = same problem

- tried 2 different bridges, turned them, 2 bridges at the same time = same problem

- reinstalled system twice = same problem

- used different drivers (15.11, 15.12, 14.6(beta), 14.4, 13.12) = same problem

- set my BIOS to default (with no OC in anything) = same problem

- Monitored every test with and without Afterburner. The Temp wasn't higher then 60-75°C and was diffrent in every crash. VRAM was also diffrent in every crash.

- Took 3 of my 4 RAM out and tested only with the one in the first slot = same

- "enableULPS" on/off doesn't matte (it was off most of the time)

- Both are correctly listed in the Crimson Software and Running at PCIe 2.0 8x

I always used a driver cleaner. When I play in windowed borderles mode (where crossfire is automatically turned off) I have no problems at all. When I play in lower settings I can play longer but it crashes after few hours of nonstop playing. Please help me out. I want to use this Crossfire setting.

Thanks.

My System:

Win 10 Pro

Intel i5 2500k (OC 4400)

Motherboard: P8Z68V_PROGEN3

PSU: Corsair RM850

4x4GB DDR3 Ram 1333MHz (Corsair)

Gigabyte Windforce 7970 GHz Edition (3GB)

XFX 280X Double Dissipation (3GB)