AnsweredAssumed Answered

switchable graphics not working in Windows 10

Question asked by bram on Dec 22, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 3, 2016 by bram

Hi,

I have the following setup:

cpu: intel i7-3630QM with Intel HD 4000 graphics

video: AMD 8970m graphics card

drivers Intel: 15.33.39.4276 (10.18.10.4276)

drivers AMD: Crimson 15.11.1 (also tried 15.11)

When I run Windows 8.1, i can select which graphics card I want to use for each program I run. (it used to be in CCC, and now it's in the "radeon additional settings")

I recently upgraded to windows 10 (since all my hardware is win 10 compatible) but it now permanently runs all programs on the Intel HD graphics instead of the AMD one.

I installed all drivers (several times in different order, each time using the "display driver uninstaller" from guru3d).

Both the Intel and AMD drivers installs correctly, however when i try to open up the radeon/ccc program, I get the error: "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD Driver is not functioning properly"

I have no ability to select that i want to use the AMD card for a selected program (since that option is not available in radeon/ccc under windows 10) (it is in windows 8.1)

When looking at different posts/forums, there seems to be a lot of people with the same or similar issues.

Are there any workarounds, or does anyone know if AMD will provide a software fix for this, as this is clearly a bug?

I already contacted AMD support, but they told me that I should file a report on www.amd.com/report/

I did that, some time ago, but I have the feeling that no one is looking at these reports, and it clearly states that no feedback will be provided (which makes it rather pointless)

Thanks in advance

Outcomes