4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2016 5:57 PM by t77chevy

2 x R295X2 - three GPU's idling all the time. Low frame rates (in game) 5760 x 1080

trigger66

Hi,

Basically I have a very expensive typewriter ever since I upgraded my computer this year.

I am running dual R295X2's in crossfire and in a three monitor setup (eyefinity works well).

However, with GPU-Z and MSI Afterburner,  I can see the system sees them, but it never utulizes the other three GPU's. All my games are 'underperforming' and I hit very low framerates in all of them, when I run at a resolution of 5760 x 1080. I should be blowing them all out of the water with this setup, but it has never functioned well. I know the cards are fine, and so is the rest of the computer.

Even the temparature of GPU-1, which it utulizes at 100% never gets above 47 degrees (celcius). Games are unplayable at 5 - 20 frames per second and I was really expecting some ultimate gaming performance.

Now, it just feels like I have a very expensive, three-screen, typewriter. I am desparate and I tried almost everything. I want to prove my friends wrong too, who always say I should switch to NVIDIA. So far, I've remained loyal to AMD, but I am seriously contemplating of switching.

ASUS ROG Maximus Ranger VII

Intel I7 4970 (8 cores)

16 Gb RAM (DDR3 - 1600 - will be upgraded this week to 32Gb - 2133)

W10 - 64

Dual R295X2 (4 GPU's)

1600W Power Supply

Help!

Please! Any and all suggestions welcome!!!!