1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 29, 2015 4:10 AM by patben8

Display driver crash whenever I change resolution using Eyefinity.

patben8

Hi for some time I've been using Eyefinity with three 1920 x 1080 monitors (one on HDMI and two on mini display port), I'm currently running the latest version of Drivers and have reinstalled them many times using driver clearing software. My rig is fitted with dual Radeon 7870 by XFX. Now my problem is a strange one, whenever I enter a game that is running at a different resolution from my 5760 x 1080 Eyefinity (meaning that the game runs in 1920 x 1080 on one of my monitors, the unused monitors get disconnected instead of mirroring the primary display like in the older versions of Catalyst Control Center) and then exit the game to the desktop, my display driver seems to crash because all of the monitors become disconnected and windows plays the *Device Connected* and *Device Disconnected* on a constant loop until I press the reset button. This also happens whenever I change the game resolution in game (works fine when going from 5760 x 1080 to 1920 x 1080 but crashes if I try to do it the other way round) and also crashes whenever I try to make any changes to my Eyefinity settings.

This problem has be bugging me for months and I have come here as a last resort so please don't tell me to reinstall my drivers since that hasn't worked once. Thank you for your time.

PS: A temporary solution would be to have all the displays mirror the primary one when im playing on one monitor, but I don't know how to turn this "feature" on again.