AnsweredAssumed Answered

Crimson Chipset Drivers in new install of Windows 10

Question asked by bbrowning43 on Dec 21, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 23, 2015 by tomtalk24

It appears this has been an issue for other people as well, as I did find some previous posts. However, I'm not sure I am understanding the replies.

My issue:

I have an ASUS M5A99X Evo (not r2.0) motherboard with an AMD FX 4170 quad-core processor. The mobo uses AMD 990X/SB950 chipset. I freshly installed windows 10 after formatting and everything seems to be running smoothly with the default Microsoft drivers, and Device Manager does not show any problems with any of my devices. But, I like to have the actual manufacturer drivers installed. I went hunting for the latest windows 10 chipset drivers and found the latest on the AMD website (Crimson edition 15.12, released 12/16/15). Well, I then ran the executable. It performed its extracting, and then showed me a list of drivers to install. Unfortunately, there WERE no drivers to install. The driver package on the download screen states that it contains the chipset drivers, AHCI drivers, USB 3.0, and RAID drivers, however, the only item in my list of available drivers was the AMD installation manager. Well, I went ahead and installed this, and everything seemed to go smoothly. The process completed very quickly and did not ask me to reset the computer. But I did anyway. I ran the file again and this time had the option to install or uninstall. I selected uninstall to see if there WAS anything to uninstall, and as I suspected, nothing. It told me there was nothing to uninstall. I then ran it again and selected install to see if the installation manager needed to be installed previous to drivers, but again, nothing.

How do I install these windows 10 chipset drivers?

Thank you!

Outcomes