10 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2015 7:03 PM by tomtalk24

GTA5 Crossfire issue

mottoman216

Steam Overlay flickers like crazy with GTA5 while CrossfireX is enabled. Doesn't happen in my other games that use CrossfireX.

• Re: GTA5 Crossfire issue
          tomtalk24

I've just given it a try and seems fine. To confirm is it only the little popups that flash, when you load it up (Shift+Tab) is it okay then?

Do you have an active profile in Crimson for GTA?

mottoman216

When i shift tab and bring up the overlay is flickers bad. The whole

overlay does. The game in the background doesn't flicker at all. only

happens with this game. As for crimson i left the profile on default for

gta5

R9 270x crossfire

8gb ram

Windows 10 64bit

Crimson 15.12

mottoman216

Ill post a video in a bit to explain it better

tomtalk24

Please.

A quick google came up with a couple of things. The Overlay shouldn't be rendered by both cards, but from the master GPU. So you could also try downloading Steam Beta and seeing if its something with Steam? 

mottoman216

Alright, so i guess i was wrong. it's not the Whole Overlay that's flickering. i thought it was but thats only cause i had the Steam Web Browser up and maximized over it.

What does flicker is anything loaded by the steam over lays browser. like web browser, guides, communities hub, etc etc. ill post a link to the video. but its hard to notice the crazy non stop flickering cause i recorded it with my phone since overlay doesn't work with Fraps. i'm guessing the camera doesn't pick up the flickering too well because of the shutter speed and my TV's refresh rate. 60/60? but if you watch you do notice it going crazy towards the middle of the video. it's about 10 times as worse with the naked eye. this doesn't happen at all with any of my other games which is really weirc

i can confirm disabling CrossfireX stops this.

20151221 195427 - YouTube

tomtalk24

Right, a few things you can try.

Check vsync in the game is on. Install RTSS and set the frame limit to 60. Add Steam to Crimson and force vsync, frame rate control. Alt>Tab and use IE or something.

Might be your best options. But my guess is the Steam Browser is rendering the website using Crossfire, maybe it has no option? I would recommend alt tabbing, not ideal with the gamepad.

1 of 1 people found this helpful