AnsweredAssumed Answered

Start of new value gaming rig (FX-6300)

Question asked by maanku on Dec 20, 2015

Really precipitated by Battlefront. Though it is playable on an HD6550D, something else is much more desirable.

Core list (owned unless noted otherwise):

1 x MSI Gaming 970 Gaming AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

1 x AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5 GHz (4.1 GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W  Desktop Processor

4 x Patriot 8GB Viper III DDR3 2133 (PC3-17000) CL11 Desktop Memory With Low Profile Red Heatsink- PVL332G213C1QKR

1 x Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 2.5" 1TB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

1 x Rosewill Gaming Computer Case - BLACKHAWK - ATX Mid Tower

1 x Rosewill RBR1000-MS - BRONZE Series - 1000-Watt Active PFC Power Supply 80 PLUS ...

1 x XFX R9-390X-8256 (my credit card isn't too happy but it will live)

1 x Sceptre 30" FHD LED

Note: The XFX replaced a EVGA GTX960 (Black Edition) I was trying out which ran really well (but wasn't AMD). I'm currently working on how to optimize the XFX and will probably post in the forums. I know it will outperform the 960 once I figure out the issues at hand.

Aesthetics:

• The photo is just a quickie as I'm burning things (easier to work on that counter)
  • I was going all blue but then bought the MSI 970 Gaming motherboard which has beautiful red accents. Now I need to decide on best approach...
  • One more blue fan (same size) is going right above the existing two at the front
  • My cables are a shambles as I just replaced the motherboard and was hoping to get the permanent GPU in there... However, the Rosewill cables aren't the most efficient so I plan on bundling the unused ones along the cage at the bottom-most fan. The supplementary power is short such that I can't avoid sending it in clear view of the plexiglass. The rest I've since moved and hidden behind the metal.

NewAMD-rig.jpg

Outcomes