0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2016 1:30 PM by maanku

Start of new value gaming rig (FX-6300)

maanku

Really precipitated by Battlefront. Though it is playable on an HD6550D, something else is much more desirable.

Core list (owned unless noted otherwise):

1 x MSI Gaming 970 Gaming AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

1 x AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5 GHz (4.1 GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W  Desktop Processor

4 x Patriot 8GB Viper III DDR3 2133 (PC3-17000) CL11 Desktop Memory With Low Profile Red Heatsink- PVL332G213C1QKR

1 x Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 2.5" 1TB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

1 x Rosewill Gaming Computer Case - BLACKHAWK - ATX Mid Tower

1 x Rosewill RBR1000-MS - BRONZE Series - 1000-Watt Active PFC Power Supply 80 PLUS ...

1 x XFX R9-390X-8256 (my credit card isn't too happy but it will live)

1 x Sceptre 30" FHD LED

Note: The XFX replaced a EVGA GTX960 (Black Edition) I was trying out which ran really well (but wasn't AMD). I'm currently working on how to optimize the XFX and will probably post in the forums. I know it will outperform the 960 once I figure out the issues at hand.

Aesthetics:

• The photo is just a quickie as I'm burning things (easier to work on that counter)
      • I was going all blue but then bought the MSI 970 Gaming motherboard which has beautiful red accents. Now I need to decide on best approach...
      • One more blue fan (same size) is going right above the existing two at the front
      • My cables are a shambles as I just replaced the motherboard and was hoping to get the permanent GPU in there... However, the Rosewill cables aren't the most efficient so I plan on bundling the unused ones along the cage at the bottom-most fan. The supplementary power is short such that I can't avoid sending it in clear view of the plexiglass. The rest I've since moved and hidden behind the metal.

NewAMD-rig.jpg