AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD HD 7870 graphics driver failing & the card is overheating every time I try to run a game

Question asked by jasta33 on Dec 20, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 21, 2015 by sailorx@paulbunyan.net

I inherited a computer with Windows 7 installed & a Sapphire HD 7870 graphics card. I upgraded to Windows 10 & used the comp for about 3 weeks with no issues. Suddenly I started to get crashes accompanied by a message that my graphics driver had failed & recovered. I downloaded & installed "Speedfan" 7 discovered that every time I run a video game my card seriously overheats to the point of shutting down completely.This happens even with the card's fan running at 100% & a large house fan blowing cool air on the card with the side of the case removed. However the graphics driver failures happen even when  the computer is getting minimal use & is not overheating. I tried reverting back to Win7 but I apparently missed the 1 month cutoff window by a couple of days. Any help would be appreciated.

I even tried instaling an Nvidia GTX 750 Ti , & that over heats also. It doesn't give graphics failures though.

Outcomes