ebonclaw

PSA to AMD Wish List Contest Holiday Giveaway Contestants

Discussion created by ebonclaw on Dec 18, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 21, 2015 by feverstriker

It's no surprise that the Fury X is a top pick for a wishlist item on your holiday wishlists, but please, if you win, bear in mind this card's power requirements (750w minimum/850w recommended) as well as the need to have a place to mount a radiator.  I've seen more than a few people requesting it and posting their rigs and I've not seen that many systems that can actually RUN a Fury X without an additional purchase.  It would suck to win one, receive the card, and then not be able to use it, or worse, use it with a low wattage/low quality PSU and kersplode something.  If you actually win, please verify that you can actually RUN the card, and if you do need to buy a new PSU, please defer to this chart that I've posted before so you don't end up getting a cheap fire hazard.  I too wanted a Fury X, then I actually won and realized that I didn't have a place for the radiator, and my PSU was cutting it close.  I opted for the quieter Sapphire Fury Tri-X card after figuring out that my case would actually fit this thing and the power supply requirements were a little less daunting, plus the fact it's a quieter card.  It's about 5% slower than a Fury-X (until you overclock it) in case you were wondering.  Anyway, make sure whatever you win will actually fit and run!

tgrbCnr.jpg

Outcomes