0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2015 11:35 PM by christech

after 2 year usage my Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC died...

christech

my specs

• Intel Core i5-4670k @ 3.4Ghz
      • Sapphire HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 OC

SAPPHIRE Technology

• MSI Z87-G45 Gaming
      • Samsung SSD 840 Series 120GB + 1TB HDD
      • Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 RAM 1600mhz
      • Antec HCH 520 high current gamer gaming psu 520watts

Ever since I bought this graphics card years ago I had these random annoying blue screen of death which occur at least once a month, my drivers would keep crashing etc and it will constant Bsod and it will only fix after I shut down and leave it off for a while and everything would be back to normal strange.... But most days I would be able to run games without bsod or crashes. I felt that the graphics card wasn't really performing well as it stutters sometimes in high end games..

But than it happen playing fall out 4 I had this strange graphic light blue screen where my screen would froze, restart computer crashed again, and now when I turn on my computer I would not get a signal or display. The fans still spin even the graphics card but no display nor keyboard + mouse, nor I can see the boot menu. Trying to figure out what causes the problem I removed a few hardware such as ram and than the graphics card. Removing the graphics card and using the integrated graphics allowed me to boot to my desktop fine, tested the graphics card on another computer and same problem no display

Took it back to the store where I bought it MSY australia they told me the graphics card had died and my warranty was over..

Bought a GTX 960 and everything was perfectly boot up.

How does a $409 Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC 3GB just died?

srsly this had drive me crazy for years as I couldn't find a solution or hard to tell what was faulty, and was just assuming it was something else causing it.

my old computer with GTX 650 could last longer than that