ASUS HD 6950 DirectCU II 2GB
      Kingston HyperX 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333
      Cooler Master: Hyper 212 EVO
      Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
      Thermaltake Toughpower 750W
      Thermaltake V3 Black Edition

• Re: Need better stuff for streaming
          cavemanthe0ne

Good rig! You planning on streaming anything in particular, like GTA, battlefront, minecraft, or?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              pauls

I want to stream Diablo III and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive at the moment, and sure other gamed too in the future. With this rig i have some lag in my videos, so i have to update some stuff

cavemanthe0ne

Cool! Have you tried lowering some settings on CS:GO to help with the lag? (Or is streaming and gaming too much for the older quadcore...)  I only say this because CS:GO is pretty easy to run... and looks decent from low settings and up

If you wanted a better CPU, I bet you could drop in an FX 6100 (hex-core) for around $80 and then boom streaming capable rig!

pauls

I want to stream arround 720p and 1080p, so i will have a good quality for my streaming and my videos on youtube. I can lower graphics yes but i don't like the pixels on the videos.

cavemanthe0ne

Yep, that's what I meant. I agree, the bitrate (streaming quality) is quite important. Ive found that the actual game settings are less so, as if you are running (I'm guessing on Highest with AA and such) turning off AA/ lowering some settings could help a lot. Then again, if it has more to do with your CPU maxing out, and less to do with the graphics than you should probably lower the encoding speed. (or is it raise it? whatever, i mean the one that is easier for the CPU to do.)

Have you tried the Steam streaming at all? I've found that it is actually quite good, and you can stream to twitch as well with it.

hazenvs@gmail.com

DSCN4224.JPG

DSCN4228.JPG

DSCN4226.JPG

WP_20150817_22_13_15_Pro__highres.jpg

The Box

Case - Fractal Define XL (GEN 1)

with EVERYTHING removed by a dremel.

Hardware:

AMD Phenom X8 8350 (4.2) Ghz

32GB GSKILL DDR3 2400

Asus Crosshair V Formula Z

2x 9660 under Danger Den Copper blocks (4GPUS 2GB ram each) both are ASUS Refrences.

HIGH Power 1200W power supply (it's been running flawlessly since 2012)

Storage:

LSI MegaRaid 9260-8i

8x Patriot PI60GS25SSD (60GB each) for 450G in Raid 0

Cooling:

Dual Danger Den full card blocks (They no longer exist)

Custom EKWB North Bridge (Acetal + EN)

Coolance EN CPU Cooler (Water Block)

Dual Radiators (Alphacool 140 x 3 Thick on the Top Danger Den 2 x 120 in the front)

Dual MCP 655 (new controllers) sitting on the floor next to the Swiftech resivoir in the bottom

Custom copper soulderd (Same pipe as in your AC and home) about 3 feet of it. Lots of 3/4 tube as well where the pipe could not bend.

Cooling Loop is: Resivoir -> Pump 1 -> Pump 2 -> Veritcal Cooling Pipe -> Radiator on Top - > CPU - > North Bridge -> GFX Cards -> Radiator in Front -> Resivoior

Only moving parts are the fans and pumps which make about 18 - 28 decibles of noise

#Wishlist

2 Radeon R9 ARES? Samsung SMX951?

Dual Acetal Block cover for my pumps?

+ MORE COPPER!

Right now it's my backup rig.