5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2015 1:49 PM by last_shadow98

My Rig

razorwalker

Description

Just a rig that I have been able to scrape together. Not the worst & far from the best, but it gets the job done :)

Specifications

CPUAMD FX-8320E Eight-Core Processor
      CoolerAir
      MotherboardASRock N68-GS4 FX
      Memory8 Gb
      GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
      Disc Drive 1Optiarc DVD RW AD-7170S SCSI CdRom Device
      Disc Drive 2
      Disc Drive 3{drive3}
      PSUThermaltake 750w Modular
      CaseThermaltake Base
      MonitorHisense 40" LED
        • Re: My Rig
          storm1978

Nice! I would love to see some pictures of it. Though not exactly necessary, i would bet a change of your motherboard to something like ASUS M5A97 PLUS AM3+ AMD 970/SB950 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.ca  or  GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P (rev. 2.0) AM3+ AMD 970 6 x SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.ca  would make your rig more stable.

Don't get me wrong, ASRock N68-GS4 FX can drive your 8320E but it's not exactly what you could call a stable mobo. It has a very old chipset which was introduced for Phenom II processors :  NVIDIA® GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a and can't drive any FX more than 95W. And even then you should disable turbo because its VRM section has only 4+1 power phases and even your CPU isn't in the CPU LIST of compatible processors ASRock > N68-GS4 FX   !

razorwalker

Yeah, I've been experiencing some issues, but nothing too bad. I DO want to upgrade to something better, but I am disabled and money is very scarce. I got the CPU/MoBo as a combo from this discount tech place in CA for like $200. Took me forever to save up for it Doesn't surprise me that the CPU is not compatible. The company advertised that it was a 4.1 GB CPU with NO OC, and nowhere did it say that it was by using Turbo. Was before I learned to understand that AMD speeds are in the model number, lol. I do have the turbo turned off and have NOT OC'd it. Don't think my system could handle it Thanks for the info

storm1978

Yeah, companies are doing that crap sometimes. Other thatn those issues that you mentioned, i don't think you'll get into other problems. I wish you the best, glad that i was of any help to you.

nightwolf

This is what I have thrown together so far.

CPU : Intel Core I5 3570K

Memory: 16GB

Graphics: Dual Sapphire Radeon 7850 in Crossfire

Drive 1: Samsung EVO 840 120GB SSD

Drive 2: Seagate ST2000DM001 2TB HDD

Drive 3: Seagate ST3000DM001 3TB HDD

Motherboard: Asus Maximus V GENE

last_shadow98

here is my pc:
                  cpu: amd a8 7600
                  ram: 4gb 1866 mhrz
                  Space: 1tb
                  mother: gigabyte f2a68hm-h

psu: sentey bcp-0s 600w (i dont have much money)

yes im crying