5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2015 9:01 AM by tomtalk24

Where can i find older drivers?

shoesfx

The new crimson drivers are messing with my fan. It works weird, i need to rollback but i can't find older drivers

• Re: Where can i find older drivers?
          shoesfx

(my card is 7970)

tomtalk24

AMD don't offer older drivers, as they are no longer relevant or supported. You will need to Google the specific driver your after (a few sites host them), or check your downloads folder or backup for past saved drivers.

When you say messing with your fans? How so? The latest Beta offered a fix for some fan related issues.

shoesfx

Luckily i've found a previous version in my folder as you mentioned and the problem stopped.

So here's the problem, there was a weird behavior with the graphic card fan everytime i was playing a game.
                  It started after the new Crimson drivers, so i've downloaded the AMD monitor application to see what it was.

The fan speed state was between 800-1200rpm for 6-8 seconds, then for 1 second the fan went up to 2800rpm and back to previous state.

The temperature wasn't going critical (40-50celcius) but i was concerned that it might go, since the fan was behaving faulty.

In a big surprise after i contact the company manufactor (XFX) and explained my problem, they seemed to believe that the card was faulty and i should get a new one instead.

Plus they mentioned that it is not a reference model, so the aftermarket cooler may not be matched in case i try to repair it.

I only wonder, if my card was broken and AMD had to do with it, who's paying for the damage :/

tomtalk24

XFX will, its a good maker. Bit like Asus, you say something up and as long as its relatively new its better to replace and please a customer than say no its all your fault.

PC setups, cards, software all play a part in how a driver works. For most its fine, for some it can be a problem. Since the dawn of time (and the initial "stable driver" decryption was used) its been the case. So wouldn't think the cards broken. Just the driver in your system for now, next one may be fine.

Remember to report the problems to AMD so they know about it and can put it in the fix list for the next driver update. Should be a link in Crimson or CCC.

Good to hear your sorted