6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2016 10:59 PM by gosling

firepro w4100

gosling

I use W4100 with dell T5810 workstation,

connected with 3 dell p2214h monitors by displayport (using miniDP-DP adapters),

when using win8.1 pro, I found the monitor IDs are different in windows with that in CCC,

strangely, in windows resolution dialog, the identified monitor IDs are not exact same with the real ID number.

and change different driver version the problem is the same,  with 4 monitors problem still exists.

my question is

1>is this bug of drivers for win8.1 (in win7 it seems correct)

2>is there a way to resolve this in win8.1

桌面排列.jpg

桌面排列2.jpg

• Re: firepro w4100
          fsadough

CCC numbers the displays differently. How is this affecting you?

gosling

Normally, users are like to adjust the screen from windows desktop, but it displays wrong number of the monitors, if adusting monitors position by that wrong number, the mouse will behave strangely,  which makes users confused.

fsadough

I didn't get the problem. If u stick with Windows Display Manager and adjust the display #, how is this affecting your mouse?

gosling

I mean If i sttick witth Widows Display Manager to adjust the dispaly #, the sequence will be wrongly assigned, because actually the identifed display # by Windows and the # showed in Window Display manager is not the same. For example, in the figure, identified No.2 acutually is No.1 showed in Windows Display  Mangeer. In this case, If I stick with widows display manager to adjust the display sequence, you know the result will be wrong, mouse can not move through the four display like one display.

桌面排列2 (1).jpg

I tried Win8.1 and Win7 pro, the problem is the same.

fsadough

The numbering in CCC and Windows Display Manager are different. Forget about CCC, try to identify the displays in Windows Display Manager

gosling

Thanks for the reply!

On the contrary, to make the adjusting correct., I have to forget about Windows Display Mananger and use CCC to identify and adjust display sequence.

It's direct and easy to find this problem if using Windows Display Manageer to adjust display sequence,  but I found no one posted such a question,  did that mean it depends on hardware?