2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2015 4:05 PM by umrebel3

Total War Attila extremely laggy after recent windows 10 update AMD R9 270X

umrebel3

Hi, noticed that Attila performance was incredibly laggy after the most recent windows update on December 14th or so. Previously game ran great on maximum quality settings. I have an AMD R9 270X GPU. Drivers are all updated. Just really unusual this is happening out of the blue. I have tried everything. I suspect that for whatever reason the game is trying to use the integrated graphics chip on my processor, but i cannot figure out how to switch that with the new AMD Radeon interface. Please help.

• Re: Total War Attila extremely laggy after recent windows 10 update AMD R9 270X
          amdmatt

What are your full system specifications?

What OS and AMD Driver are you using?

The R7 270X is a discrete graphics card, it's not possible to use the Integrated GPU, i think you are getting confused with switchable graphics.

Can you use system restore to regain better performance in this title?

Can you try an older AMD driver to see if that improves performance?

Can you lower the image quality settings?

Can you run Task Manager to see if anything is using up system memory or CPU cycles?

Have you mentioned the issue on the Total War forums?

• Re: Total War Attila extremely laggy after recent windows 10 update AMD R9 270X
              umrebel3

sorry been out of town.

Windows 10 Home

Intel Core I5 4690K 3.5GHZ

OS Build 10586.29

8GB RAM

64bit OS and x64 based processor

Radeon Software version 15.11

AMD R9 270X

Checked Task Manager already, nothing there that would cause issue, lowered graphics settings in game to lowest quality and still have issue. Mentioned issue on TW forums but no help really. All drivers are up to date. How would I go about reverting to an older AMD driver?  When you say system restore, do you mean the whole pc?