4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2015 9:22 AM by katzo

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 s Stopped working

katzo

i have HP ENVY 14-1260se Beats Edition Notebook with windows 10 , few days ago was playing a game and the screen turned black the the notebook restart itself

and gave me graphic error , after few restart it worked again but every time i want to ran a game the notebook turn black and crashes,updating drivers did nothing

uninstalling and reinstall driver did not help ,so i formated the laptop and installed windows 7 and things got worst , on device manager it shows 2 graphic cards

one  ATI Radeon HD 5650 and one intel HD Graphics , if i install both drivers the notebook will crash and restart over and over , installing ati driver alone will restart into black screen

while installing the intel HD driver will work perfect as long as keep the other card identified as (standard VGA adapter) , tried disabling one of those cards not worked

if i disable the ati card the intel will crash ,tried clean install of the drivers with latest versions also not work , please help .. thanks for your time

if

• Re: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 s Stopped working
          kingfish

#1: Your laptop does not meet the requirements for Windows 10. Your Intel graphics is too old.

#2: The new install of Windows 7 will not function with AMD graphics unless you have SP1 and all the relevant Windows Updates installed.

#3: Do not install any version of Crimson.

katzo

thank you for your answer but didn't work

i formated again and installed clean windows 7 home premium x64 SP1 (the one designed for my laptop )

installed windows updates

intel HD graphic work perfect but when installing the ATI AMD one the laptop crash and restart windows to black screen and keep restarting

i tried the HP designed graphic driver first -not working -did system restore -googled and found there were a modified version of the driver

for the same problem here i did all steps mentioned including disable driver signature enforcement - did not work

is it possible the AMD graphic card is damaged ?  can i buy new one and replace it ?

Thank you for your time

kingfish

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics should be the current version. Go to this Intel link and use the Intel Driver Update Utility to find the latest graphics driver for your laptop. Download and save it to your desktop.Don't install it now.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Download these AMD drivers to your desktop.

Legacy

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

NOTICE IMPORTANT AMD DRIVER UNINSTALL:******

******Computers with Intel processors select 'express' uninstall all AMD software including the install manager.

******Computers with AMD processors custom uninstall the AMD graphics driver and Catalyst Control Panel only.

Reboot.

Note: All anti-malware/anti-virus/anti-anything should be disabled during driver installation.

Install the Intel drivers...reboot

Install the AMD drivers...reboot

****Help others with similar issues.****

If this response was any help please mark it:

Helpful, Like, or Correct Answer

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  katzo

kingfish thank you ,but also did not work - i made system restore for a clean driver install followed your links and installed the driver

the intel HD will work fine but again the AMD while installing the driver the screen flicker once then the system crash but this time when windows starts

the two cards in device manager have yellow marks and the same msg in both

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

and another problem that if i wanna work on Intel graphic alone the system will get very very slow it will be very annoying to do anything.

thank you sir

ps: i did open the laptop today checked the fans - they are clean and working both of them , i also installed a program to watch the temperature but all was good