3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2015 6:31 PM by cavemanthe0ne

3 Monitors without eyefinity?

dkl2

Hello community.

I 'll go straight for the question.

Is it possible to enable the use of 3 Monitored without eyefinity?

I have eyefinity enabled, but not all games works as well as I hope, only a few games benefit from this like MOBA and some RTS.

and not all games have some kind of Windowed mode + Borderless so it only appares on one screen.

• Re: 3 Monitors without eyefinity?
          cavemanthe0ne

In short, yes you can use three screens. As long as you have enough display connections on your GPU- you should be fine.

(Also, be aware that issues can sometimes arise if you use the "wrong" display connectors. Just check the GPU manual or a review to see which ones you should use first!)

Now, if you are asking if you can use three monitors (without Eyefinity) for gaming... The answer in that case would be no. Unless you can find third-party software or hack it yourself that is.

(I had a triple 1280x1024 screen setup, so I have had experience with the... annoyances... of tri-screen setups. If you are having big issues with certain games, go look it up over at the Wide Screen Gaming forum, linked Eyefinity & Surround Games List | WSGF  )

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              dkl2

thank you for your response, maybe i should tell a bit about the system so you can understand a bit more (sorry i didnt include them from the start).

I use 3x 1920x1080 screens with eyefinity, and XFX fury x gpu.

ive also been to the site you recommended and i gained more info there, thanks again

but still some minor issues for gaming on windowed mode, when i cannot use borderless, i loose about 0.5 to 1 cm of the game screen because the border is there.

do you know any way to get rid of the border? example of a game like that is fallout:new vegas.

cavemanthe0ne

Certain games are pissy with the toolbar/border glitches. Sometimes you have to manually set the game to fullscreen mode each time you run it (I know, its a pain, but sometimes it will not work otherwise.) 

If that doesn't work, then you may have to manually set the resolution by changing the .ini file to your resolution. Sometimes this works, sometimes if will just default back to the in game setting when you try running the game (depending on how picky the said game is- but usually this will work.)

If all else fails, go and try Widescreen Fixer. Not going to link that one here, but if you search it you'll find it easily enough. Widescreen Fixer is a software tool to set resolutions for widescreen gaming automatically/by hand with software help. Most times it will work (but again, not guaranteed.)

* Note- You'll need the required components to run Widescreen Fixer (it will say what you need on the main page) *

1 of 1 people found this helpful