AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creative Sound Blaster Control Panel triggering Crossfire

Question asked by christerhalsoy@hotmail.com on Dec 14, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 16, 2015 by christerhalsoy@hotmail.com

Hi.

This started happening literally an hour ago (it's 03:18 local time Dec. 15 now). Opening up the Creative Sound Blaster Control panel (CSBC (for the Sound Blaster Z sound card)) triggers Crossfire (two 7970's) and actually crashes 3D applications and/or stops them from being activated. I have no clue why this is happening, but I know that it is happening after doing troubleshooting and narrowing down possible suspects. It's 100% reproducible and it doesn't stop Crossfire until the core process (SBZ.exe) or similar fashion.

It has never happened before, on previous drivers or the current one. And I don't see why it would randomly start now. It even persisted through a complete driver and software wipe and installation.

Anyone have any idea as to why this would happen? I do tend to use the CSBC a bit to swap between headphone profiles, so this is really annoying. I'll add a dxdiag file as well as what driver/software suite I'm running of both the CSBC and Radeon.

Creative Sound Blaster Control panel version: 2.15.04

Radeon Software Version 15.11.1
Driver version 15.30.1025.1001 (latest Beta (and it's never happened on any Beta I've used before including this one))

Attachments

Outcomes