• R9 390 GAMING 8G 8GB

Current Driver

Previously Used Drivers
  • AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Display Driver version 15.30.1025

• AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.11.1 Update

Operating System

• Windows 7 x64

Issue Details

While playing DiRT Rally, the game will stutter. Regardless of what video settings are set (Ultra/High/Medium/Lowest) these stutters occur. These stutters seem to be localized to the game. No other games seem to be afflicted by whatever the issue is. See the link below for a quick video recording of the problem. Video was shot using LOWEST graphic settings.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2dbuy5s&s=9#.Vm8uZEorKUk

Applications and Games

• DiRT Rally v1.0

CPU Details

• Intel i7-3770K - Stock Speed

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used

• ASUS VG278HE 2 - DL-DVI
  • BenQ GL2760H 27 - DVI
  • Avermedia U3 Capture Card - HDMI

The Avermedia U3 is actually physically attached to a dedicated encoding machine used for encoding my live stream. But it technically is also a display device on this gaming machine, so I listed it.

Motherboard or System Make & Model

• Asus P8Z77 V-Pro

Motherboard BIOS Version

• P8Z77-V PRO BIOS 2104

System Memory Type & Amount

• 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3

Power Supply

• EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 80+ GOLD

Other Information

I upgraded to the R9 390 from an NVIDIA GTX 770 a few months ago. The 770 had zero issues running the game, or any games I play for that matter. I upgraded to the R9 390 to give myself a little "future-proofing" and threw the 770 in my encoding machine. I did uninstall the NVIDIA drivers and did a driver sweep to remove any remnants prior to installing the AMD card, so there will be no conflicts there. I just recently started trying to play DiRT Rally again and ran into this issue. The only changes since flawless gameplay and stuttering is the video card change.

I'm not upset or hostile about it, I am simply trying to get it sorted out. This isn't the first issue I've come across with the 390 since upgrading to it. The Rainbow Six: Siege beta just wouldn't run on the 390 with the drivers available at the time. It would crash out in about three seconds of starting a game. The Overwatch beta client would also randomly crash saying Rendering Device Failure. (Upgrading to the beta AMD drivers that were available at that time fixed that issue and it ran flawlessly after that.)

I am posting this at the behest of Matt (@TheMattB81 on Twitter) who is a Technical Support Engineer.

Thank you for your time,

TimbTV

Outcomes