2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2015 5:39 AM by itsyersel

Crimson Driver Crashes Playing Black Ops 3

itsyersel

Hi, I've updated to the latest 15.11.1 Crimson Drivers. I'm currently using a Sapphire Nitro R9 380 card and a Phenom II X4 955 CPU. When I play Black Ops 3, I'm plagued by constant driver crashes causing the game to crash. I would roll back to previous drivers but the issue was present for me on 15.11.1 Catalyst and 15.11.  I can't recreate the issue in any other game or while running GPU Stress tests. Nothing else as far as I can tell causes the driver to crash. I've tweeted to AMDcare and they told me to submit it via an online form. I was wondering if anyone is aware of the issue and if a fix is currently being worked on as it's really frustrating trying to play only to have the driver and game to crash suddenly

• Re: Crimson Driver Crashes Playing Black Ops 3
          sharky7337

Same issues. I have 2 7970's and The whole freeze will lock up and i have to hard reset. It can happen right away or after an hour.

Then sporadically i will get massive stutter in the game and its really choppy after like one game or two. The FPs doesn't drop super low, but it's like its missing frames.

• Re: Crimson Driver Crashes Playing Black Ops 3
              itsyersel

I'm glad I'm not the only one it's happening to. I've seen some others talk about it online. Initially I thought it was just poor game optimisation, but the more I attempted to play the more it seemed like a driver problem. Also as you described mine, when the driver + game crashes/freezes it can cause my entire PC to freeze with only a hard reset fixing it. Driver+game freezes can happen straight away or after an hour. Yesterday I had it crash 3 games in a row, my first 3 game playing. Also as you said the game will sporadically get massive stutter and become really choppy after like one game or two. The FPS doesn't drop super low, but it's like its missing frames. It's getting frustrating, I just want a driver that actually works.