2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2016 8:26 PM by slwwv

No sound through HDMI

freonpsandoz

I can't get any sound output through HDMI using Catalyst 15.7.1. Testing "AMD HDMI Output" through Playback Devices reports " The device is being used by another application" when no other application is running. Device Manager doesn't show anything wrong that I can see. Is there a driver version that works? Thanks.

• Re: No sound through HDMI
          amdmatt

Have you tried updating to the Crimson 15.11.1 Beta drivers to see if that resolves the issue?

Do you have any other devices connected to the pc that could be interfering?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: No sound through HDMI
              slwwv

When nothing else helped, i mixed up this with some other posts solutions:

1)  if you can roll back your driver directly without going trough first steps that i made

In device manager if you look in sound tab "AMD High Definition Audio" shows up with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark> right click on it>properties>driver> roll back driver> now exclamation mark goes away but hdmi still wouldnt work> uninstall whole ati catalist driver and install the "crimson beta driver from AMD">DO NOT UNCHECK HDMI AUDIO DRIVER FROM INSTALLATION

2) This is the long road i took

Went to "Device manager" >uninstalled everything under sound tab>runed sound troubleshooter(click on your speaker right bottom)(now HDMI appears but still does not work and if you try setting it as default device and run a test  shows up a quote like "This device is used by another task, close that task etc."> go to realtek and install latest driver(i updated it with "Iobit driver booster" very good tool>now in device manager if you look in sound tab "AMD High Definition Audio" shows up with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark> right click on it>properties>driver> roll back driver> now exclamation mark goes away but hdmi still wouldnt work> uninstall whole ati catalist driver and install the crimson beta driver>DO NOT UNCHECK HDMI AUDIO DRIVER FROM INSTALLATION (this is the whole process i made that worked for me)