AnsweredAssumed Answered

New Update Has Changed Settings

Question asked by tropicalslug on Dec 11, 2015

Hello everyone. I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but after scouring the internet for answers as to why these changes have happened since the recent AMD software update (ver. 15.30.1025 etc etc) all of my games suddenly look much too dark, and too highly saturated.

For example, when playing Mordheim: City of the Damned (great game) when selecting the option to continue my campaign with my chosen warband, many of the colors in the menus (and indeed the menus themselves) have changed. Where before the icon for currency (a gold coin) was a golden yellow, it now is a deep orange red. This is not the only change; many of the icons in the menus which were before much less bright have become almost radioactively saturated in color, almost glowing, and the menus themselves have become so dark they are hardly readable. I have tried changing in-game brightness to no avail; another noticeable change is when going from warband menu to an actual game the loading screen darkens considerably after a brief period of remaining at a much lighter brightness.

In short, I can't figure out why all of my vivid colors have suddenly gone radioisotope bright, while simultaneously making muted colors so dark they're practically nonexistent. This only happened after the recent update, so I think it must be because of that. Can anyone help me?

I run Win7 with an ASUS r9 290X. Thanks.

Outcomes